What is the NJ STARS scholarship?
NJ STARS is a scholarship program, exclusively for New Jersey residents, that covers the cost of tuition and approved fees at New Jersey's 19 community colleges.
- Students must complete a rigorous series of high school courses as a first step toward eligibility.
- Students must also meet other criteria to qualify for NJ STARS.
- Students who meet the top 15 percent requirement must first apply for all other federal and state financial aid available to them by filing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ annually within New Jersey's deadline.
If a student receives financial aid, NJ STARS will cover the remaining cost of tuition and fees.
If a student is not eligible for financial aid, NJ STARS will cover the entire cost.
NJ Star Requirements
Once selected for the program, NJ STARS students must:
- Be enrolled in an associate degree program at a New Jersey community college.
- Maintain continuous full-time enrollment at a New Jersey community college.
- Have a 3.0 or better grade point average moving from freshmen to sophomore years to be eligible for scholarship renewal for the second year.
For more information, visit HESAA