Dependency Status


I am not able to provide parent information on my FAFSA and/or do not meet the requirements to be independent. Do I qualify for a Dependency Status Review (Dependency Override)?


We understand that there may be situations when a student does not meet the federal financial aid requirements to be considered independent on the FAFSA and yet may not be able to provide parent information. These students may be considered on a case-by-case basis for a Dependency Status Review.

The student will need to speak with a Financial Aid Counselor to determine the documents you must submit for Special Circumstances/Dependency Override/Professional Judgment.

Please contact the Financial Aid Office for more information. Contact Information is below.

Remote Services

College Services are Available Remotely: Online, or by Phone or Email.



The Financial Aid Office is located on the Main Campus (Paterson) in the Enrollment and Student Services Center (OneStop)

225 Market Street
Paterson, NJ 07505

Mailing Address

Office of Financial Aid
1 College Blvd
Paterson, NJ 07505